November 10, 2008

Feeding and educating children in need

TOMS SHOES - Part 2
www.tomsshoes.com

It turns out that Toms sells more than just shoes. They also sell trendy hats and t-shirts, the proceeds from which also provide a pair of shoes for needy children. And at $28 each, they're a wee bit cheaper than the shoes.

And then there’s my favorite part. I recently discovered that Toms also is selling a hip-looking tote bag that is designed to raise awareness and funds for feeding hungry children and helping them get an education.


I won’t lie - these are pricey at $65 a pop, but think about it: Each “Feed Project Bag” sold provides one school year’s worth of meals for a child in need. Your $65 not only gets you a bag in return, but it gives a child the hope of an education and a regular meal.

Sign me up.

-JLB-

4 comments:

flicmod said...

Sweet! I'm a sucker for t-shirts. Maybe this would convince my wife to let me buy more :-D

BTW, I'm totally adding your blog to my "Daily Links" bookmark list.

Yeah... you're that worthy.

Please send any questions, ideas, suggestions and other comments to helpchange101@gmail.com. said...

This early in the game it should be easy for me to figure out who people are, but I'm wondering which kind friend you are, flicmod? :o)

PS: Thanks!!

flicmod said...

Your best friends husband?

Please send any questions, ideas, suggestions and other comments to helpchange101@gmail.com. said...

I have a lot of best friends who are married. I'm gonna guess Wesley Brown? :o)